eBook: Information Privacy and Security – GDPR is Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
A new set of European rules and standards related to privacy and data protection (the General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR) has set in motion a mad compliance and security scramble not only for European companies, but also for any company doing business in Europe or with European customers.
This is not just a problem for European-based companies. If your organisation does business in the EU, offers goods and services to EU citizens, or processes EU citizen data, then all the provisions of GDPR apply, including:
- More rigorous data security measures
- A higher bar for obtaining consent
- New breach notification provisions
- New rights of the data subjects, including the “right to be forgotten”
- New requirements for governance over data and data processes
- New framework for data transfer under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework
Is your organisation ready? Find out more in this new eBook, Information Privacy and Security – GDPR is Just the Tip of the Iceberg.