Document imaging and scanning with OnBase
OnBase will work with almost any scanning device, from the all-in-one printer devices suitable for scanning single pages, all the way to systems capable of scanning thousands of pages per hour.
Just as scanners come in all shapes and sizes to meet various needs, from low-volume scanning to high-speed capture, OnBase also has a variety of scanning software options designed to meet your requirements.
- High-volume batch scanning - OnBase can capture hundreds or thousands of documents daily at both remote offices and centralised locations
- Low-volume scanning and scan on-demand - Your users can scan documents as they come in to your organisation, using the devices most convenient for their role
- Automated data capture - OnBase keeps data entry to a minimum utilising technologies such as optical character recognition (OCR), intelligent character recognition (ICR) and barcodes.
Paper is not the only thing you need to capture
It’s not just paper documents that should be centralised into your ECM system. When your relevant business information is stored electronically, it is often scattered across file shares, shared and personal email inboxes, Microsoft SharePoint sites, fax servers and other business systems.
Manage all of the related documents together in one system.
- Integrations for MS Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes and Novell Groupwise - Enable users to capture emails and attachments into OnBase as they are received. Upon import, OnBase instantly associates these documents with the relevant folder, case or transaction.
- Email and Fax Servers - OnBase automatically captures, classifies and stores emails and attachments sent to centralised addresses. These emails will trigger business processes, eliminating costly delays and improving customer satisfaction. By integrating with Biscom Faxcom and Esker Fax, OnBase eliminates the need to print faxes, by capturing them electronically and making them instantly available to the recipient.
- Mainframes and AS/400 applications - OnBase electronically captures ASCII, PCL, AFP, DJDE, PDF and XML print and data streams generated by mainframes, AS/400 and other applications.
- File Shares, FTP Sites and SharePoint sites - OnBase provides several tools to easily import large volumes of documents stored on network drives or FTP sites, utilising existing text and XML indexing data for classification. Integrations with SharePoint allow documents to be manually or automatically archived into OnBase.
- “Print” to OnBase - Archive documents into OnBase from any application with a print function. By means of a virtual print driver, content found in websites or other business applications is converted to digital form and stored in OnBase, and instantly associated with the related information.
To learn more about the wide range of OnBase ECM functionality, click here. And for more information about OnBase content and data capture capabilities, visit the Capture section.