Hyland Software UK, Ltd. is dedicated to helping the community, seeking ways to contribute and impact in a positive manner. As part of this, Hyland Software UK, Ltd. recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond that of the minimum legislative requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
Whether it’s how we build our facilities, dispose of waste or the vendors we choose to deal with, Hyland Software UK, Ltd. supports practices that intelligently and mindfully recycle and reuse materials.
Preserving resources and logically reducing waste is critical in all parts of our community and Hyland Software UK, Ltd. is proud to support initiatives that contribute to a clean environment.
All employees have a responsibility in their area, and in the tasks they carry out day-to-day, to ensure that the aims and objectives of this policy are met. This policy will be provided to the team, and guidance from management will be put in place to ensure all are knowledgeable and aware of their impact and how to reduce it.
Hyland Software UK, Ltd. endeavours to:
- Comply with, or exceed all relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Continually improve environmental performance and prevent pollution
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts
- Incorporate environmental factors into the business decisions when appropriate
- Increase the employee awareness with respect to environmental responsibility
Hyland Software UK, Ltd. understands and respects that purchasing can impact significantly on the environment. When making purchases we aim to act in an environmentally responsible way by:
- assessing the need for the product
- assessing whether the need can be met in a more environmentally responsible manner
- purchasing only what is essential in order to avoid overuse and reduce waste
Waste comes in many forms and we as a company take the following steps in order to reduce our waste and environmental impact:
- We will aim minimise the use of paper in the office
- We will seek reduce and recycle packaging where appropriate
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products
- We will reuse and recycle paper products
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used by Hyland Software
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing
- We will seek to buy from environmentally friendly vendors
- We will evaluate and monitor how to better reuse and recycle office supplies
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as email or video/phone conferencing
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles
When carrying out maintenance and cleaning (or in choosing a contractor for this purpose) Hyland Software UK, Ltd. will take the following factors into account:
- We will seek to use environmentally friendly cleaning materials where possible
- We will seek to reuse materials when completing an office refurbishment
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste
- We will seek to select contractors who operate with the same environmentally conscious attitude as Hyland Software UK, Ltd.
Monitoring, Improvement and Culture
We understand the importance of monitoring and continually improving our Environmental Policy. We also believe it is important to promote the environment policy within the culture of our organisation for it to be truly successful and part of day-to-day operations. To do this, we will:
- Look to our US offices and follow the internal posts published regarding suggestions on living more sustainably
- Make continuous efforts to evaluate practices, and identify potential improvements
- Update this policy when necessary and in consultation with our US based headquarters, Hyland Software Inc.