Automatically capture data right off of your documents with OnBase data capture software
OnBase data capture automatically classifies your important business documents, extracts and validates critical information and then updates your relevant systems, including OnBase itself.
Eliminating manual efforts around document processing can bring the following benefits:
- Reduced costs, by lowering labour and document handling costs
- Accelerated business processes, through automation
- Improved service, by ensuring employees have up-to-date, accurate information right at their fingertips
No matter what document you feed into the process, whether a typed correspondence or handwritten form, OnBase uses advanced technologies to ensure it accurately pulls all the important information you need to fuel your business, including
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR), used to extract machine-printed characters
- Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR), used to extract hand-printed characters
- Optical Mark Recognition (OMR), used to determine a selection from a list of choices (i.e. checks in check boxes)
- Barcode Recognition, used to extract data from barodes located on the document
Gaining a competitive edge with data capture software
Embracing automated data capture increases efficiencies and accelerates processes across your organisation. OnBase data capture gives your company the competitive edge you want with the flexibility and scalability necessary to meet your business needs. Data capture software can be applied across a wide variety of business processes – wherever manual document sorting or data entry is occurring in your organisation.
And OnBase data capture is flexible enough to work with your current or planned content management strategy. Plug it into another content repository or take advantage of the additional capabilities available on the OnBase platform, such as award-winning content management and case management capabilities.
The Data Capture Process
OnBase data capture software solutions improve productivity in your department & across your organisation by automating data capture processes.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Software
OCR software is used to help increase process efficiency by reducing or eliminating manual data entry. Optical Character Recognition technology is used to automatically extract text from a document. Learn more about OCR.