CLEVELAND – May 11, 2016 – Today, Hyland announces the annual release of its enterprise information platform, OnBase 16, which includes more than 3,000 customer-driven enhancements to help organisations better manage content, processes and cases throughout the information lifecycle.
In this latest release, enhancements span across the entire OnBase platform, which combines the capabilities of enterprise content management (ECM), case management, business process management (BPM) and capture on a single platform deployed in the cloud or on premises. With one system to support, maintain and upgrade, organisations realise a low total cost of ownership and minimise IT sprawl.
“I’m delighted to introduce you to OnBase 16, our single enterprise information platform with unlimited potential for ushering your organisation into today’s digital workplace,” said Bill Priemer, president and CEO of Hyland. “We have improved almost every area of OnBase, from user-experience enhancements to new configuration tools, we are confident that OnBase 16 is the best information management solution available today.”
Notable enhancements to the OnBase 16 platform include:
- A seamless interaction with ShareBase by Hyland – ShareBase is Hyland’s enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) product providing a secure, cloud-based platform to share content inside and outside the organisation. When used in conjunction with OnBase, the sharing and collection of content from external parties becomes an automated part of business processes, reducing bottlenecks and unmanaged document versions.
- Evergreen Browser Support – Adds more support for multi-browser environments, supporting Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers.
- New Capture Tools:
- Mobile Capture now offers image cleanup, including crop, de-skew, brightness and contrast adjustment. On import, documents can now be processed to leverage all OnBase advanced capture capabilities.
- Geolocation data is also captured from mobile devices, allowing documents to be geographically displayed on maps within Esri, GIS applications and OnBase reporting dashboards.
- Support for Microsoft Office & Outlook 2016 and Office Online Server – Allows Microsoft Office and Outlook users to interact with OnBase content, processes and cases utilising the latest versions of Microsoft’s productivity applications.
OnBase 16 offers several enhancements to its best-in-class industry offerings, including:
- Healthcare – The addition of cross-enterprise document sharing (XDS) capabilities enable healthcare organisations to share patient content in a standardised manner across the enterprise and with other healthcare providers. Improved capture tools and the OnBase Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA) ensure imaging and other patient content, both DICOM and non-DICOM, is quickly and easily accessible within the electronic paper record (EPR). These enhancements, along with many others, help organisations meet Meaningful Use Stage 3 requirements while empowering clinicians to make more informed decisions and provide the best possible care.
- Government – A proven enterprise content management solution for each level of government, OnBase 16 helps meet today’s challenges of smaller budgets and staffs while laying the foundation for simplified, efficient and mobile government information technology. OnBase Agenda To Go allows council meeting packets to be reviewed offline on an iPad mobile device. With OnBase Video, constituents can view live and on-demand streaming of meeting content across a variety of devices.
- Insurance – OnBase 16 strengthens its integrations with best-of-breed solutions for claims, policy, billing and digital portals to create a competitive advantage through streamlined processes, reduced costs, increased internal controls, audit assistance and improved customer service. Enhanced Document Composition capabilities help insurers automatically generate more complex documents, while ShareBase helps insurers securely share those documents, including quotes, policy forms, claim information, commission statements and more.
- Higher Education – OnBase 16 accommodates the wide variety of web browsers used on campuses and mobile devices by supporting Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. It’s easier than ever for students, staff members and alumni to complete electronic forms through campus portals, which prepopulate with data from the Student Information System (SIS). A closer integration with ShareBase helps schools confidentially share critical content internally and externally such as vendor contracts, donor agreements and board/trustee documentation.
- Financial Services – OnBase 16 helps financial services organisations use OnBase to instantly access information when and where they need it. By automating paper-based processes with powerful workflows, they increase service levels and proactively manage regulations. Enhanced e-signature integrations enable institutions to provide a higher level of service. ShareBase enables financial services organisations to securely share information with indirect lenders as well as customers and members.
Available in the cloud or on-premises, OnBase 16 empowers organisation to become even more agile, efficient and effective. To learn more about why over 15,000 global organisations use OnBase, visit OnBase.com.
About Hyland, creator of OnBase
Hyland is the creator of OnBase, a single enterprise information platform for managing content, processes and cases. For 25 years, Hyland has enabled more than 15,000 organisations to digitalise their workplaces and fundamentally transform their operations. Named one of Fortune’s 2016 Best Companies to Work For®, Hyland is widely known as both a great company to work for and a great company to do business with.
OnBase provides enterprise content management (ECM), case management, business process management (BPM), enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) and capture all on a single platform, transforming organisations around the world by empowering them to become more agile, efficient and effective. For more information, please visit OnBase.com.