The back office deals with an organisation’s internal services that are not client-facing. Back office departments address tasks involved with supporting an organisation’s infrastructure and administration, including its technology, inventory, accounting and human resources needs.
As an organisation’s back office departments effectively run the organisation itself, back office operations encompass a wide variety of functions, many of which are interlinked.
How an enterprise information platform optimises back office processes
An enterprise information platform can optimise back office processes by:
- Capturing content no matter where it originates
- Eliminating manual data entry
- Freeing up staff time to focus on important tasks and initiatives such as analysis and negotiations
- Increasing work production without having to hire more staff
- Minimising IT sprawl through the purchase of niche applications to solve departmental needs