The CMSWire article shows vendors looking back on the year to discuss challenges they observed throughout 2013. Ken Burns, Hyland's analyst relations manager, highlights three challenges he observed, including SharePoint no longer being a disruptive force within the market, proving there is no one size fits all approach to ECM. He also notes more organizations overcoming their security fears and accepting cloud-based and mobile solutions.
The article also includes feedback from a few of our competitors, including Oracle, OpenText, Microsoft, IBM and EMC. They stated the following challenges:
- Oracle - Getting more tangible business value from their information with deeper integrations and automated content-enabled transactional processes.
- OpenText - Gaining more value from unstructured data, better compliance and overcoming security concerns.
- Microsoft - Content storage to include the explosion of data that organizations need to store.
- IBM- Improving workforce productivity and properly managing different types of unstructured content including social and mobile for customers on the move.
- EMC - Moving toward a single, more accurate view of information while maintaining governance and control of integrated content in business processes.
Read the CMSWire article.