5 ways enterprise content management helps company solve paper-dependency challenges
As is typical of insurance companies, Syarikat Takaful Malaysia Berhad (Takaful Malaysia) was a paper-dependent organization, relying heavily on manual processing for business-critical information.
This fact, combined with the geographical spread of offices and branches throughout the country, meant that the first Islamic insurance operator in the Malay region found it incredibly difficult to ensure it met the stringent compliance regulations of both the insurance industry and government for agreements and claims while maintaining operational excellence.
Then they found OnBase.
“With OnBase, document retrieval is instantaneous. This has increased productivity tremendously. We handle enquiries quicker as our customer service staff view all relevant documents and comments attributed to the client from a central location,” said Chee Wan Leong, operations manager.
5 ways OnBase changed the way Takaful does business
OnBase did more than solve Takaful’s paper challenges. Here are five more ways the ECM software reshaped the way the insurer does business:
- Supports process automation: OnBase Workflow software automatically generates client response letters depending on the outcome of the approval process. It aggregates data from different sources automatically, populating fields in the customer letter. This ensures standardization and makes it easy for new employees to become productive quickly.
- Increases productivity: “Previously, it could take up to three working days to request the retrieval of a document and it involved several people,” explained Chee Wan. “With OnBase, document retrieval is instantaneous. This has increased productivity tremendously. We handle enquiries quicker as our customer service staff view all relevant documents and comments attributed to the client from a central location.”
- Provides greater visibility: With department heads and business managers able to view business processes in real time, the company has experienced additional productivity gains. Reporting capabilities give Takaful Malaysia managers the ability to re-assign, escalate and prioritize cases. The comprehensive audit trail functionality also provides the company with an extremely detailed and reliable record of all activities performed on every document in the system, revealing how many claims are in process, how many have been approved or rejected as well as how many are in the pipeline.
- Mitigates risk: OnBase integrates with Takaful Malaysia’s insurance application to gather data and match documents, completing claims processes based on Takaful Malaysia’s established business rules. Instead of relying on a claims representative to look over the information and make a decision, OnBase automatically does it. Not only does this save time, it also reduces processing errors. In addition, the solution’s granular security options ensure that only authorized users have access.
- Ensures compliance: By using OnBase, Takaful Malaysia is assured that it complies with any data protection regulations. OnBase supports Takaful Malaysia’s compliance with government regulation and document retention guidelines by ensuring business rules are enforced at either the document, policy and/or claim level.