Honda France Manufacturing (HFM), power equipment and engine manufacturer, needed to improve compliance efforts. It analyzed each of its department’s existing documents, processes and workflows. Seeing the impact that its manual, paper-based processes had on efficiency, HFM knew it needed to implement an enterprise content management system to meet compliance initiatives.
Working with authorised OnBase Solution Provider Numerial, HFM implemented OnBase, initially deploying the solution in its Human Resources, Sales and Accounting departments.
“What started the entire process for us was our need to automate and secure internal processes and documents, and ensure confidentiality by giving the right people access to the right documents within our organisation,” said Philippe Jeannin, manager of corporate and sub-contracted activities at Honda France Manufacturing.
8 ways Honda France Manufacturing improved security, governance goals with OnBase
Here are 8 ways OnBase benefits HFM:
- Decreases incentive process time from three months to one: “It used to take us at least three months before sales incentive payments could be made to our dealers,” said Jeannin. “Now dealers access Honda’s intranet site and fill out an HTML form which OnBase automatically sends for validation. We can process up to 1,800 unique premiums per year and pay our dealers every month.”
- Speeds accounts payable processes: Through a seamless integration with SAP, OnBase eliminates the manual input of invoices and allocation data. OnBase verifies, links and matches incoming supplier invoices to purchase orders and delivery forms before automatically routing them for validation and payment. In the event a purchase order is not in the system, OnBase holds pending invoices, ensuring they are accounted for at month’s-end.
- Improves information access: “We scanned all of our HR files into OnBase, as well as all associative documents relating to employment contracts, salary adjustments, medical, payroll and the like,” said Jeannin. “Now, everything is stored in a single repository, with the history of the company effectively sitting in one central place and available in a few clicks.”
- Supports compliance efforts: “We have created a workflow for tracing product modifications on our production line to make all departments aware of any new modifications or components - vitally important for maintaining standards of quality and products certification,” said Jeannin.
- Reclaims physical space: “Now that everything is automated we are not losing documents through a circulation of paperwork, and have reduced our archive storage volumes by at least 60 per cent,” said Jeannin.
- Improves dealer relations: HFM created a number of workflows to automate dealer communication to Honda Support. Previously, this manual process often resulted in misplaced files or forgotten requests. Now, OnBase ensures that the right person receives the request and follows up in a timely manner.
- Expands into other areas easily: Since the initial implementation, HFM has expanded OnBase to several other areas within the organisation, with approximately 120 users on two sites declared in the system.
- Delivers maximum value: “Not only did we achieve our targets of corporate governance and securing confidential information, but we over-achieved in this direction, securing and improving management processes such as orders, validations and lifecycle reminders,” said Jeannin. “This has resulted in reduced processing times for document retrieval, invoices, provisions building and monthly account closures.”