With information stored in several legacy systems and an imaging system that couldn’t unite them, this Property & Casualty insurance company was facing two of the industry’s most common problems. To overcome these hurdles, it needed a solution to connect critical information with its processes – without custom coding.
Utilizing OnBase by Hyland, the insurer optimized its claims and underwriting processes. Migrating from its legacy document imaging system to OnBase, it now stores all its documents and information in one secure, centralized electronic repository. Nearly 200 office locations and more than 1,500 employees, authorized agents and agency support staff quickly access information stored in multiple formats – whether the insurer receives them through email, electronic feed or scanned directly into OnBase. Meanwhile, workflow management keeps processes moving by automatically forwarding documents and information, notifying stakeholders along the way.
Three ways OnBase changed the way the insurer does business:
- Reduces costs by more than $1.5 million annually: With OnBase, the insurer saves money the following ways:
- Electronic claim files – $824,000: Automating the claims process not only reduces the cost, but also increases its speed and accuracy
- Postage - $465,000 – Instead of storing, mailing, shipping and using couriers, the insurer instantly stores and shares electronic documentation for no cost
- Electronic archival of claims photos – $214,000: Empowering staff with instant access to any file type reduces claims processing time and costs
- Makes information instantly available to authorized users: Physical files made access a challenge. With OnBase, customizable process tools ensure that critical information moves securely through different departments, from investigation and adjustment to litigation and resolution.
- Reduces risk and eases growing pains: The OnBase scanning tool is hardware agnostic and scalable, offering high-quality images, making documents available to users sooner and speeding processing time. The solution eliminates snail mail and lost mail, removing the security risk of information ending up in the wrong hands.