Hyland Software, Inc. is the owner of many registered and unregistered trademarks in the United States and other countries, including, without limitation, Hyland, Hyland Software, OnBase, ShareBase, and LawLogix (each, a “Hyland Trademark”). Without a written license from Hyland, third parties have no right to use Hyland’s logos. If you are a Hyland authorized solution provider, you have been granted the right to use Hyland’s logos in accordance with the Partner Brand Usage Guidelines.
A third party may use a Hyland Trademark without an express license, provided that it follows these guidelines. Any goodwill arising out of any use of a Hyland Trademark shall inure to the benefit of Hyland.
- Always use a Hyland Trademark in the manner directed by Hyland, including spelling and capitalization. You may not alter a Hyland Trademark in any way. For example, use “OnBase” not “Onbase”.
- A reference to the following Hyland Trademarks: Hyland, OnBase or ShareBase, used in the United States, must include the ® symbol, at a minimum, the first time such Hyland Trademark appears in the text or the most prominent place where it appears. A reference to such Hyland Trademarks used outside of the United States, or to any other Hyland Trademark, must include the ™ symbol, at a minimum, the first time such Hyland Trademark appears in the text or the most prominent place where it appears. Subsequent uses do not need to include either the ® or the ™ symbol.
- A Hyland Trademark must be used as an adjective, not a noun, at least the first time it appears in a text or the most prominent place where it appears. For example, you can say, “The OnBase® software can be used to increase efficiencies in your organization. OnBase allows your employees to interact with documents directly from their email client.”
- Do not use a Hyland Trademark in the possessive form. For example, you cannot say, “OnBase’s seamless integration with your business applications allows users to access their content without switching applications.” You can say, “OnBase seamlessly integrates with your business applications, allowing users to access their content without switching applications.”
- In using a Hyland Trademark on any advertising material, website or other collateral, your own brand must also appear and must be more prominent than the Hyland Trademark. The Hyland Trademark should appear in a different font (smaller) and color than your brand to ensure that the emphasis is on your brand.
- You must include the following attribution statement in any advertising material, website, splash page, or other collateral on which a Hyland Trademark appears: “[insert Hyland Trademark] is a registered and/or unregistered trademark of Hyland Software, Inc. in the United States and other countries.”
- A Hyland Trademark must be used to identify Hyland’s products and services only. You may not use a Hyland Trademark in any of your product names, logos, trade names, slogan, or trademarks. You may not use a Hyland Trademark in any domain name registered by you or your organization.
- Hyland encourages you to provide a link to Hyland.com when using a Hyland Trademark on your website.
- You may not use any Hyland taglines.
- You may not use a Hyland Trademark in a way that implies that your organization or any of its products are affiliated or associated with, or developed, endorsed or approved by, Hyland.
- If Hyland determines that your use of a Hyland Trademark does not comply with these guidelines or is otherwise improper, you must comply with any requests to correct or discontinue such use.