OnBase Foundation Enhancement Pack (EP) 2 delivers new solutions, modern UI components and REST APIs
OnBase Foundation is the world’s most powerful, versatile and intuitive platform for managing content, processes and cases across the enterprise. Foundation is an enduring version that includes an increased cadence of enhancements and more frequent releases to ensure the most stable, secure and feature-rich software possible.
The latest of these enhancement packs, OnBase Foundation EP2, introduces brand new solution offerings featuring responsive UI components and the first in a series of REST APIs as well as support for key compliance requirements.
With these new and improved capabilities, organizations can:
- Experience new solutions with new user interfaces: A new OnBase Integration for Salesforce offers users an intuitive way to import, search for and view documents stored in OnBase directly from their Salesforce screens – providing staff with a complete view of the information they need to do their jobs. In the back office, a new AP Invoice Approver App provides a persona-based, responsive web app to approve/deny invoices from anywhere. Both solutions, as well as the existing AP Automation for Workday solution, feature a series of new UI components – modern, angular, HTML components – that enable you to build responsive user experiences.
- Support compliance efforts: OnBase Foundation EP2 features compatibility with key NIST 800-53 requirements that many federal agencies must adhere to. This complements some of the key compliance features already available, including a new information governance solution, Governance Rules as a Service, which helps automate document retention processes in OnBase.
- Benefit from the first in a series of REST APIs that build on and extend key OnBase document management functionality – such as storing and retrieving documents – within your other systems and applications.In addition to these new features, OnBase Foundation EP2 also offers various enhancements across existing capabilities and clients, including improvements to workflow automation and document composition.
OnBase Foundation EP2 also offers various enhancements across existing capabilities and clients, including improvements to workflow automation and document composition, and builds upon enhancements released in OnBase Foundation EP1, including:
- Empowering administrators with more configurable, low-code tools for developing applications, deeper integrations with core systems and increased support for Office 365.
- Our new information governance solution, Governance Rules as a Service, created in partnership with Iron Mountain, enhances and helps automate your document retention practices with OnBase.
- New video streaming capabilities that allow users to upload videos and play them back in an OnBase viewer.
- A strengthened ability to integrate your OnBase solution with Hyland’s other offerings, including Content Composer, our customer communications management product, ShareBase, our cloud-based document sharing and collaboration solution, and Brainware intelligent capture.
Learn more about OnBase Foundation
OnBase Foundation is – quite literally – a foundation you can rely on into the future. It will incorporate some of the most modern technology paradigms. You’ll see the first in a series of many modern REST APIs, identity and access management services and responsive UX components that will make it easier than ever to build on and extend OnBase.
And by being on a Foundation version of OnBase, you’ll benefit from more frequent releases; quicker access to new functionality; and the most secure, stable and enduring version of your software possible.
We can’t wait for you to experience all OnBase Foundation has to offer. Start planning for an upgrade now, and access more information and release training on the Hyland Community!
Highlights from prior releases
OnBase 18 included more than 10,000 updates as well as a completely enhanced user experience across our clients – modernizing the user interface and improving navigation and usability throughout the platform.
Seven ways to make your upgrade easier
Upgrades are vital to realizing the return on your technology investment, and these steps will help you reap the benefits of upgrading.
The value of continuous development
Hyland’s commitment to the research and development of OnBase is unparalleled – 100 percent of our research and development investment goes into the enhancement of the OnBase suite of solutions.