OnBase is a foundational component of your organization. And like any foundation, it is crucial that you are able to build upon and rely on it for years to come. Hyland works to continually improve and modernize OnBase to make it a solution you can rely on now and in the future.
Take a look at some highlights from our past releases for a peek into the continued evolution of our OnBase platform.
OnBase Foundation EP1 and EP2
The first two releases supporting OnBase Foundation, EP1 and EP2, provided various enhancements across existing capabilities and clients, including improvements to workflow automation and document composition. They also introduced brand new solution offerings featuring responsive UI components and the first in a series of REST APIs as well as support for key compliance requirements.
With these new and improved capabilities, OnBase Foundation EP1 and EP2 enabled organizations to:
- Support compliance efforts by adding support for compatibility with key NIST 800-53 requirements that many federal agencies must adhere to
- Experience new solutions with new user interfaces by introducing a new integration with Salesforce and a new AP Invoice Approver App
- Benefit from the first in a series of REST APIs that build on and exttend key OnBase document management functionality - such as storing and retrieving documents - within your other systems and applications
- Empower administrators with more configurable, low-code tools for developing applications, deeper integrations with core systems and increased support for Office 365
- Use our new information governance solution, Governance Rules as a Service, created in partnership with Iron Mountain, enhances and helps automate document retention practices with OnBase
- Take advantage of new video streaming capabilities that allow users to upload videos and play them back in an OnBase viewer
- Strengthen their ability to integrate their OnBase solution with Hyland's other offerings, including Content Composer, our customer communications management product, ShareBase, our cloud-based document sharing and collaboration solution, and Brainware intelligent capture.
OnBase 18 highlights
OnBase 18, the platform’s last numeric release, incorporated more than 10,000 updates and 3,100 customer-driven enhancements, supported by countless hours of research, development and testing.
The release equipped organizations to build better, more personalized user experiences by giving OnBase users improved access to information, no matter where or when they needed it.
Notable enhancements included:
- A new, combined viewer that personalized the display of content and data into a streamlined and consolidated view to tailor experiences for a variety of user roles
- Enhanced mobile capabilities that delivered personalized case management applications and tighter integrations with common mobile business apps
- Bolstered security with the addition of touch ID for iOS and increased identity provider support for streamlined authentication
- New tools that made it easier to administer OnBase and roll out solutions enterprise-wide, including the ability to more easily create test systems and migrate solutions to production environments
- Continued alignment between OnBase and other offerings in our product portfolio, from ShareBase to our acquired offerings like Brainware and PACSgear
We can't wait for you to experience all OnBase Foundation has to offer. Start planning for an upgrade now, and access more information and release training on Hyland Community!