OnBase customers recognized for case management solution success
For three years in a row – 2014, 2015 and 2016 – OnBase customers were awarded Global Awards for Excellence in Case Management from the Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC). These organizations were recognized for leveraging OnBase to support the dynamic and unpredictable nature of knowledge-driven work.
Leading insurers win with case management
2016 award winners Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company and WPS Health Solutions (WPS) showcased innovative case management solutions that improved the experience for both their knowledge workers and the customers they serve.
Grinnell Mutual, the largest primary reinsurer of farm mutual companies in North America, leveraged OnBase case management capabilities to transform underwriting and claims processes. The organization configured the solution – without custom coding – to link all information and notes related to policies and claims for greater collaboration. With its solution, Grinnell Mutual has:
- Increased visibility between its Claims and Underwriting departments
- Gained greater process consistency and underwritten more business, faster
- Improved customer service
Award recipient WPS, a not-for-profit health insurer, sought a solution that would help with its information-intensive credentialing and enrollment process to enroll more than 100,000 physicians and medical facilities interested in offering Medicare services. Working with authorized OnBase solution provider Naviant to deploy its solution, WPS:
- Automated mundane manual tasks
- Streamlined the provider credentialing process
- Reduced the average time to complete enrollment review from 62 days to 19 days, gaining 69 percent process improvement and enhancing service levels
Configuring low-code applications enterprise-wide
The 2015 award-winner, Universal Forest Products used the OnBase platform to create case management applications that support diverse business areas across the organization. Leveraging OnBase for case management, the company:
- Improved initial environmental compliance response rates to 99 percent, a 45 percent increase
- Streamlined and reduced time spent managing the capital expenditure process
- Made solutions contextually aware of all case-related requirements, including tracking when they are fulfilled
- Replaced several antiquated database applications and inefficient spreadsheets
Click here to learn more.
Improving transparency and process control with a checklist approach
WESTMED Practice Partners, the 2014 award-winner, used OnBase to design and deploy a variety of applications that support processes enterprise-wide. These range from standard case-based applications to unique checklist-driven applications that leverage OnBase Checklists for Process Control as a reusable framework for solutions in areas like IT help desk, labs and medical testing, patient billing, new site openings, human resources and physician compensation.
By replacing traditional spreadsheets with OnBase checklisting and case management capabilities, WESTMED:
- Raised the uptime of IT systems to 98 percent, an increase of 13 percent
- Generated more than 40,000 total checklists in OnBase
- Improved service level commitments for onboarding providers and clients
- Increased visibility and accountability with process dashboards displayed across the organization
Click here to read the full case study.