Working efficiently with electronic documents
Once all your information is captured in OnBase, you can benefit from increased efficiencies by using tools that simply do not exist in a paper world.
With OnBase, you can track every modification made to documents, with a permanent revision history. You will know which employees are revising your key business documents and ensure that users only access the most current versions of documents.
There are multiple tools available for signing documents electronically in OnBase.
- Handwritten signatures - Capture and apply signatures electronically to your documents and forms with a stylus device or tablet.
- Digital signatures - Efficiently track electronic acknowledgements of documents using digital certificates – ensuring authenticity and integrity. Guarantee your signed documents remain protected and unaltered after authorization.
One of the primary advantages of your enterprise content management (ECM) solution is that you can now find the exact documents you need, right when you need them.
OnBase has many options that allow you to quickly and easily locate the documents you need, including:
- Specific index values, such as name or account number
- Ranges of index values, such as all invoices between $500 and $1,000
- Specific dates or range of dates
- Electronic filing cabinets and folders
- Specific words within plain-text documents and OCR renditions of image documents.
Full-text search, allowing PDF, Microsoft Office documents, email, OnBase e-forms, images and text documents to be retrieved based on text string searched.
Required reading and training
Every organization has documents that employees are mandated to read and acknowledge – from Employee Handbooks to Information Security Policies to Safe Work Procedures to Harassment Training.
While there are many ways to distribute documents to employees, often these require a lot of manual work to track and update. How do you prove that all of your employees have received and read the most current required documents for their roles?
If you are involved in litigation related to the violation of corporate guidelines or safety protocols, you must provide proof that you have adequately trained your employees. Ask yourself, where is the information that I need to prove this?
With OnBase, you can rapidly distribute the right documents to the right employees. Significantly reduce costs by automating the distribution and administration of required reading documents. Easily track and prove employee acknowledgements for regulatory compliance audits.
To learn more about the wide range of OnBase ECM functionality, click here.