Perform accounting activities faster and more accurately with OnBase
The accounts payable (AP) process has two separate but related components – data and documents. Although Infor Lawson, SAP, Oracle, Dynamics and other ERPs handle data well, managing paper invoices, packing slips and supporting documents can be a time and resource consuming challenge.
OnBase captures AP documents electronically – whether paper, fax, email or EDI – and automatically indexes them using data from your ERP or accounting software. Using your business rules, OnBase then either sends simple approvals straight through for processing or routes those needing review directly to AP clerks, distributing by region, vendor, time zone or workload to ensure the invoices reach the right people. And, it all happens in a fraction of the time that paper-based processes take.
AP staff send invoices on to the appropriate approvers faster. OnBase alerts approvers through email when they have invoices to review and sends periodic reminders if they don’t perform the approvals right away.
OnBase helps healthcare organizations:
- Take advantage of early discounts and avoid late payment penalties through automated workflow and electronic alerts
- Lower the cost per invoice by speeding processes and removing duplicate payments, missed discounts and late payment fees
- Eliminate duplicate invoices by managing information electronically, instead of copying them to send to multiple locations, reducing cost and the opportunity for error
- Reduce unaccounted liabilities by bridging the gap between an invoice’s arrival and time to appear in the system, allowing AP to know exact liabilities at any given time
- Enhance customer service and save time with immediate electronic access to invoices
OnBase integrates with more than 500 existing business applications, connecting all of a customer’s core systems to communicate and share data. Through these integrations, OnBase reduces user data entry, speed processing time and increase user productivity – all while extending the value of your current IT investments.
A true enterprise solution, OnBase easily grows with you. Begin in one department and scale it out to manage your content and streamline processes across your entire enterprise.