Tame multiple billing systems with OnBase Revenue Cycle Management
Health systems often find themselves with multiple billing systems in various locations, each with its own set of unique definitions, data standards and processes.
OnBase Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions address all of your accounts receivables in one place, no matter how many patient accounting systems you have in place. The comprehensive RCM suite of solutions offers hospitals and physician practices:
- Streamlined reconciliation processes and increased audit controls
- Advanced data mining and dashboard reporting to easily analyze remittance and payer issues, including root causes of denied payments
- Lowered costs for payment posting and denials management
- Standardized business practices across multiple facility/physician group billing offices
- Smoother transitions from one or more health information systems (HIS) to another
With automated payment posting, OnBase applies financial and non-financial transactions to all host billing systems using the same workflow for electronic and paper remittance advices. A single user interface captures all payment and denial information into one database, automatically routing transactions to the appropriate patient accounting system. OnBase even manages the non-patient cash and payments processed in systems outside your current patient accounting systems.
OnBase retrieves all explanation of benefits (EOB) images at the patient level, directly from your host system(s), utilizing the same workflow for paper and electronic data interchange (EDI) payers. It automatically allocates deposits to the appropriate G/L category – even if the deposit contains payments for many host systems and/or entities and no monthly transaction fees are required for an unlimited number of EDI payers.
With OnBase, organizations:
- Suspend and match unfunded electronic remittance advice (ERAs) to their corresponding deposit
- Analyze payer performance, departmental goals and user productivity
- Improve the quality of patient statements and customer service through timelier posting and increased accuracy
- Eliminate the challenges of managing information in various formats
For a totally paperless remittance processing solution – from claim adjudication through posting to various patient accounting systems – OnBase ingests your 835 Remittances, scans paper remittances and integrates with your existing lockbox service. Automated reconciliation offers an excellent alternative to the time-consuming, error-prone manual processes most healthcare organizations use today.
OnBase integrates with more than 500 business applications and our RCM customers maximize revenue collections in hundreds of facilities across the country. With proven experience improving business office efficiency and increasing payment information accuracy, they typically see a full return on investment in less than 12 months after implementation.